Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Painting Prisoner

Yesterday I spent the entire day on a project - and I do mean the ENTIRE day. I now want to give a BIG shout-out to all professional painters. I have concluded that I never want to join your ranks. Translation: soooooo sore today.

I spent all of yesterday emptying the dining room of everything, painting the ceiling, painting the walls, cleaning wood work/floor/chandelier, and then cleaning furniture and placing it back in the room.

I spent most of today sorting through all the junk that had accumulated in said furniture and only putting back what really needed to be there.

Here is what the kids did yesterday:



Yep. Judah stayed still enough for Jasmine to take him captive with painter's tape.

I repeat: He LET her wrap him up until he could barely move.

Then, Mike called from the other room for them to come to him (not knowing what was going on the other room when he arrived home). Jasmine came right away and Judah started hopping down the hall, while yelling, "I'm on my way, but I'm moving really slow - you'll see why in a minute."

We were cracking up laughing as soon as we saw him, but today I was thinking about it. That verse in Hebrews 12 came to mind.

"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us" -- Hebrews 12:1

Sometimes the sin that entangles us is sin that we stand still for or even actively pursue. We may become blind to our own sins or comfortable in them. We may disregard the consequences, or not realize how it is affecting our lives.

We become so entangled that it is difficult to move forward in our Christian walk. We get bogged down and can't walk, much less run, the race.

We need the tape removed, and to be freed from the sin that entangles us in order to live life to the fullest.

So, today, freed from his bonds of captivity -- this is what Judah did with Jasmine today while I worked on the stuff from the dining room.



Looks like much more fun, right?! Life lived freely in God's plan is so much more fulfilling and richer.


On a side note, I stirred up so much dust cleaning out the dining room, that I was compelled to check out a book from the library called The House that Cleans Itself by Mindy Starns Clark. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing training my house to clean. :-)

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me