Sunday, May 19, 2013

Kids' Choir Thoughts


The speaking part cast for the musical "Follow U"

Looking forward to the Grace Church Kids' Choir musical tonight! We have a kids' choir that is 75% four to six year olds. Can you say "yikes"? However, they are doing a great job. All those tiny kids can pump out a LOT of sound...but, I bet their parents could have told us that before we even started.

In fact, I have spent the last couple of hours listening to my two shriek back and forth at one another because one or the other is not doing what they wanted. Oh the joys of having two leaders that expect to be followed. I actually resorted to telling Jasmine today that she should look forward to the days when she is eight and her cousin is five so she can be in charge more and win more games over someone else (in response to her complaint that Judah always wins).

As I think about it, I am thinking that I am like a kid sometimes in my relationship with God. I get an idea in my head about how something should go, and then I get mad and stomp my foot when God has a different plan for my life. Maybe I shriek and scream inside, willing Him to shift to my position. Guess what? It doesn't work.

James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

He doesn't change what is the best for me because I disagree. His best for me may be painful, but it is always better than my ideas.
When I submit and use my emotion and volume for praising Him, like our kids will do tonight, I'm sure His heart is delighting, just like mine will tonight as I listen to the Kids' Choir musical.

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me