Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Awesome, Just Awesome...



And, you see the primary reason I did not blog yesterday. It took a little time to find a way to make Jurassic Park cake dreams come true for my soon-to-be nine-year-old son, and to get those plans started yesterday. However, I am very pleased with how it turned out.

He just kept saying, "Awesome, Mom! It's awesome!"

So, definitely a home run! I love mom moments like I experienced today. Judah and Jasmine played (with NO screen time) while I decorated two cakes and what seemed like a million cupcakes today. They ran and shrieked and squealed through the house, stopping in the kitchen occasionally to say I was doing an 'awesome' job and that they loved me.

I especially loved their reaction to the weather today. Our rule for the summer is that they can't have screen time unless it is raining. At 7 am, weather.com said we would have storms starting at 2:00 pm. At 2:00 the sun was still shining brightly and steadily. The kids began a rain dance and original song inviting the rain. This included lines like "I wanna hear the old man snoring..." and "start that water cycle up and let it go." It didn't work and this mama has to admit that I was glad the sun kept shining all day and all screens stayed banned.

After tonight's outing for pizza with cousins, we came home and created dinosaur utopia in the living room with the birthday gifts. Such a great day!

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me