Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Little Child will Lead Them

I am really thankful for kids who are still willing to do this for mom.



And this...



I love that Judah and Jasmine have a blast playing with all ages of other kids and enjoy hanging out at a children's museum with their parents. Before we went to the new West County Center Lego store yesterday for Judah to spend his birthday money, Jasmine told me that spending time with Daddy is even better than going to the mall. Wow! High praise indeed from our little fashionista who takes after her Aunt Laura in her love for shopping and all things girly.

Today we had a fantastic guest speaker at church who talked about following Jesus' example. One of the things I was thinking about tonight was how He got alone to pray regularly.

"After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray." --Mark 6:46 (NIV)

Jesus knew the power in the place of prayer, but He also was a son who wanted to spend time with His Daddy. How many times is God longing for me to spend time with Him because I long to be with Him? I make time in my schedule for so many other things, but sometimes I lack in the most important thing - spending time with Daddy God.

He would probably love to hear that I love being with Him more than going to the mall, hanging out on facebook, pinning on Pinterest, or (gasp!) Chick-Fil-A! Thinking that more time with my Father God is a great goal for this summer...

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me