Monday, August 11, 2008

Healer God

So, I'm really late getting this story up here, but I have to share it. Saturday before last, I dropped a glass jar of baby food from the top shelf of my pantry onto my little toe. My poor little piggy immediately turned purple, bent to the side and swelled up to twice its size. I hobbled into the living room and told that I thought I had just broken my toe; he took one look and agreed with me. We decided that if I went to the hospital, all they would do is tape it and give me Ibuprofen. Oh, and let's not forget an enormous bill for that service. So I bit my lip, taped my toe and downed a couple of pain pills. At church that night, we sang a song called "Healer" (see www.jimstern.com for info about this amazing song!) and prayed for people to get healed. Thick-headed me completely forgot that I had a broken toe. I was busy singing and praying for other people. But I guess God doesn't need for us to remember we are sick to heal us. I realized Sunday that my toe had not hurt since that worship time even though it was still purple, bent to the side and swollen. I changed the tape and went on with my day. By Sunday night when I went to change the tape again, my toe was perfectly normal. Praise God, when we are thick-headed, He's still amazing!

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me