Monday, February 1, 2010

A Year Ago Today...



...was Superbowl Sunday. Jasmine was still tiny. We were hanging out at our friends' house and the kids were playing. I baked a cherry pie and there was way too much food, as there is at all good Superbowl parties. It was a great day.
Today was a great day too. I was super busy all day long. Then tonight we had our women's meeting at church. On the first Monday of every month, we have a meeting called First Love. We start with fellowship and snacks, then move to the sanctuary for worship and the word. Tonight I led worship. My first time to ever lead a whole set. There was a fantastic band and four other fantastic vocalists to help lead the congregation, but I was so nervous before it started. I prayed and claimed that I am anointed to lead worship, but I couldn't help feeling a little intimidated about having to cue the band where to go. I decided that sometimes you just have to do things scared and hope that someday they'll become more comfortable. It was awesome. I think God likes it when I have to get over myself to do something. Then He can really take us somewhere. My voice was not the best its ever been. I still have to learn how to give good cues and lead the congregation. But we met with God and got to worship Him. It was wonderful and liberating. Until I opened my eyes and realized that it was 7 minutes past my allotted time. That little voice in my head started chanting, "wrap it up, wrap it up, wrap it up,..." No one ever told me how hard it is to stop and go on to something else. I mean what do you say: "Okay, that's all folks, open up those eyes. Put those hands down that you have raised. Time's up." Hopefully I handled it more gracefully than that but I think I have a lot to learn about transitions. Yikes!
On the other hand, I could just decide to stay up there forever and let the speaker take the lead on when to take over. :-)

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me