Thursday, February 18, 2010

Everyone has a price...

...I've been meditating about what mine is. What do I sell out for? What am I placing as the most treasured thing in my life? What is the price of my worth? How much am I valued at?

Deep, digging questions that sometimes make me say, "Ouch" when I see my sin. Sometimes make me say "Wow" when I see my Savior.
Anyway, I came across I Peter 1:17-19 and thought I'd share them.

"If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth; knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver and gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ."

Wow! There is so much revelation in these three scriptures! God is our father. He doesn't compare us to our 'siblings' but judges each person impartially. Our stay on earth is temporary and should be viewed in the light of eternity.
But what stood our most to me was that my value is so far beyond any gold or silver.

My worth is above all the wealth in the world.

My price is the blood of the perfect Son of God.

It's already been paid.
I've been gifted with my freedom to live a life higher than I was able on my own.



I just have to live like it.

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me