Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Psalm 86:15

I'm trying to do better about blogging every day. I just realized that I didn't get on at all yesterday and I'm about to head to church tonight.
So, here's my thought for today - short and sweet:
Pastor Hal used Psalm 86:15 in his sermon on Sunday and what he had to say was really good. I was reading it again this week and something totally different stood out to me.
"But you, o Lord, are a God merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth."
Pastor Hal talked about knowing God's amazing grace and mercy. I was thinking that we are supposed to be reflections of God's character to the world. I don't know about you, but I am not always slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth. I took it as a challenge from the Holy Spirit and put the verse on our refridgerator.
I am intentionally choosing to be slow to anger in the face of five-year-old rebellion and two-year-old potty training and independence issues. I am stepping forward in speaking the truth with abundant lovingkindness. I'm no there yet, but God's working on me through His amazing word. It is living and active.

1 comment:

Jesstern said...

Good stuff Amanda! A wonderful reminder especially on hard days with the kids.

The hubby and me

The hubby and me