Saturday, September 27, 2008

Renewing Friendships

All day Thursday, Judah and I prepared very excitedly for company. When Mike and I were dating and first married, our best friends were a couple named Mark and Joy Willis. When we changed churches and moved, we kind of just lost touch. Recently I found Joy online and through e-mail we planned for our families to get together for dinner. Mark and Joy and their five lovely children (and one on the way) entered our house and the years fell away. They had never met Judah and Jasmine. We had only known two (Anna and Emily) of their five (Anna, Emily, Laura, Caleb, and John Mark). However, they have done such a fabulous job with their children that it was a delight see how they got along with Mike and I and with Judah and Jazz. All of the kids played beautifully all evening and were gracious and full of gratitude. What a wonderful demonstration of God's plan for the family -- a showcase of His love, grace, and embracing nature. Friday morning, when Judah woke up, his first words were, "Mama, that family that came to our house last night was AMAZING!"
I whole-heartedly agree!

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me