Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rants and Rambles...

I've been thinking a lot lately about the balance of responsibility and responsivity. In my mind is a fight between "Martha" and "Mary." I love the idea that we should all be like Mary and sit at the feet of Jesus worshipping Him. However, if our children are not fed, houses a wreck, jobs sloppily done (or not done at all), etc.; what kind of witness are we giving to others. I tend to pendulum swing back and forth when what I suspect I need most of all is a healthy balance of BEING in God's presence and DOING His will for my life.
I was talking to one of my vocal students this week who was bemoaning a difficult issue in singing that is frustrating. We compared it to sin. The better we get at singing (or the closer we get to God), the more obvious our faults become to us. I am starting to get very frustrated with my own desire to compare myself to others instead of the standard that God set in His word.
When will I learn to get my nose out of other people's business and get down to BEING who God wants me to be and DOING what He wants me to do?

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me