Thursday, August 13, 2009

Milestone Moment



So, I had my first real conversation with Jasmine today. You know, where she answered me instead of imitating me. AND, I could understand what she said.
Here's how it went down...

I asked her to bring me a diaper so I could change her. She ran to her diaper hanger and brought one to me.
"You're my good girl!" I said.
"Goo-Girl."
"That's right! You are a good girl!"
"I know." (Very matter-of-factly.)
"You know?"
"Uh. (which in Jasminese means "Yes") Gaw-Gaw"
"Gaw-Gaw (grandma) told you that you were a good girl?"
"Yesh."
At this point she grinned at me with extreme pride. I have to admit, I was pretty proud too.

3 comments:

Jesstern said...

Love it! I am impatiently awaiting the day when Jadyn and I have such a conversation seeing as she currently has ZERO words in her vocabulary. I think she seriously feels no need to talk...everyone else does it for her. Maybe she needs to take some lessons from Jazz. :)

Jasmine's Gramma said...

As Jazz's Gaw Gaw I am a bit overwhelmed at this conversation. Just because Gaw Gaw told her she is a good girl she totally believes she is a good girl. Is this not a prime example of having the faith as a little child. Just because Jesus or the Word tells us something we are totally sold that it is true. Oh that I can have that kind of faith.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun. I can't wait for the day when I can have a conversation with my girls. They're sort of saying dada, but pretty sure they have no idea what they are saying. Just gibberish.

The hubby and me

The hubby and me