Thursday, August 13, 2009

Any Eaters out there?

I love to follow Grace Upon Grace, the blog of a girl I knew when I was a child. She is sooo much better at keeping up with blogging than I am. And, her entries are quirky and thought-provoking.
Anyway, a while back she posted that she was reading a book by Michael Pollan called In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto.

I checked it out from the library and have been reading it. Wow! Pollan expresses his ideas so well that you don't feel like you are reading a book about how to eat. It's a fascinating read. I haven't dumped all of the processed food out of our pantry yet (my family would NOT rise and call me blessed for that move), but I have really started thinking about what I am putting in my mouth and in my kids' mouths. However, it's not really a worried, stressed out thinking about it. I am learning to slow down and savor each bite. I also have made a view more choices for whole foods. You know, those ones God designed, instead of scientist's copies.

Anyway, I was thinking about this today and wondered how many other people had been pondering their food choices. Have any of you read this book?

No comments:

The hubby and me

The hubby and me